GSNZ Photography Competition 2023
National tour or event
Showcase your passion for geoscience and the beauty of Aotearoa New Zealand by submitting your best shots to the Geoscience Society of New Zealand (GSNZ) annual photography competition. Don't miss this opportunity to have your work recognised and celebrated by the local geoscience community!
How to enter:
Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following details:
- Your full name (and age if a school student)
- Photo details (category, title, date and location taken)
- Photo caption (max. 50 words)
Only one photo per category per person, so choose carefully and send in your best shots!
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Submissions for the competition will be open from 12:00 am July 1st – 11:59 pm July 31st, 2023.
No late submissions will be accepted.
a. By submitting photograph(s), each entrant warrants that the photo(s):
i. are original, unpublished work;
ii. do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
iii. do not otherwise breach any applicable law.
2. Entries are limited to one photo per person per applicable category (i.e. maximum 3 per person).
a. Each photograph must be the property of and have been taken by the person entering it in the competition.
b. If people are present in your photograph(s), you must ensure that each person pictured has provided written consent for you to enter the photograph in the competition.
c. To be considered for the cover of the GSNZ newsletter, entries must meet the following specifications: for A5 front cover (portrait suits best but landscape can be accommodated) photos must be a minimum of 2551 x 1819 px. For A4 (full cover landscape wraparound) photos must be a minimum of 3579 x 2551 px. The editor will reserve judgement on whether an image is suitable for A4 wraparound.
d. Subject to the terms and conditions and the rights of the Geoscience Society of New Zealand (GSNZ), when you submit any photograph for this competition, you license and grant GSNZ the right to use the image for the purposes of promoting the Society in any media without further compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are yours to assert.
3. Shortlisting will be conducted using anonymised photographs submitted to our judging panel and shortlisted photos will be posted on GSNZ social media.
4. Voting will take place via an email poll to the GSNZ membership. Only GSNZ members are eligible to vote.
5. Winners will be announced on September 1st, 2023, and winners notified via email. GSNZ’s decision on choosing the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will void an entry.